Friday, August 3, 2012

Use it or lose it

Monday, we leave for 2 weeks away, then a day at home and the rest of the week gone again (though this time we can take food with us.)

The refrigerator contains a lot of carrots, some swiss chard, a head and a half of lettuce, 2 and half bunches of scallions, a bunch of mizuna, a lot of zucchini and summer squash, some beets with greens I really ought to have cut the tops off of and  steamed already, a lot of cucumbers, some adorable cippolini onions, a bunch of basil.

There are also a lot of tomatoes on the counter.

I can leave the carrots, beets, and onions as is in the fridge, I expecct, but the rest of I need to either cook or eat or freeze or give away.   All while packing for a trip and being out of the house a bunch.   Probably won't have time to blog about what actually happens, till we get back.   I hope it isn't "a lot of food for free offered up on our front porch come Monday evening."

No comments:

Post a Comment