Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Coming Soon

Spring is in the air here in Massachusetts. Which means a few crocuses peeking out of soft soil, probably another snowstorm lying in wait for when we least expect it, and still several months before my first small CSA box arrives, filled with lettuce, cooking greens, and some radishes. But I'll take the sunshine past 5pm and stare longingly at pictures of last July's peaches while I go on eating meat, root vegetables and cabbage for the next few months.

This blog, also coming soon, will focus on tips for eating seasonally, locally, and "out of the box", whether that's from a sustainable CSA, a produce delivery service, a weekly trip to the farmers market, or even the "box" that is your own fridge and the leftovers and forgotten produce hiding within it. I hope to provide pointers on choosing a CSA, other community supported food options (I belong to a meat CSA and have belonged to a CSF bringing me a weekly share of locally caught whole fish, for example), and of course, how to turn all that produce into food you can eat without letting it go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment